Physical fitness is not only one of the most essential keys to a balanced body; it also serves as the foundation for diverse and innovative intellectual activity, and a career as a fitness trainer can be just as exciting as staying in shape. One of the most significant advantages of working as a personal trainer is that you can gain awareness of safe lifestyles, workouts, diet, and other topics.
Let us look at Career Opportunities as a Fitness Trainer!
Who is a fitness trainer?
Fitness Trainer provides fitness guidance for helping clients to improve their physical condition. They create tailored fitness and wellness plans for individuals and groups as well as assign exercise routines based on clients’ physical needs and monitor their progress.
Role and Responsibilities as a Certified Fitness Trainer
- Fitness trainer’s job is to identify the clients’ fitness level and health and accordingly plan exercise routines.
- They track clients’ physical progress and then modify exercise plans based on needs, potential injuries or health issues.
- They also conduct individual and group fitness training sessions. Moreover, they oversee the use of fitness equipment to ensure clients exercise properly and safely.
- They handle nutrition and health-related questions with providing safety and hygiene guidelines.
- They demonstrate how to perform various exercises and routines to minimize injuries and improve fitness.
- They also provide alternative exercises during workouts and monitor clients’ progress at the same time.
- They explain rules and regulations on sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment.
Career Opportunities as a Fitness Trainer
Some of the career opportunities you can grab after becoming a professional are –
- Fitness instructor – They assist individuals as well as associations in achieving their health objectives. They combine a variety of exercises, including aerobics, weightlifting, karate, spin cycling, kickboxing, and yoga. They specialise in one type of work and work in large hotels, gyms, health clubs, spas, fitness centres, cruise ships, and tourist resorts, among other places.
- Personal Trainer – Individuals are trained and worked with one-on-one by personal trainers. They usually work out of a gym, but some clients may choose to exercise at their home. The exercise is specifically designed to meet the client’s unique health and wellness needs.
- Aerobics instructor – They usually lead group workouts that include aerobics, muscle strengthening, and stretching. These classes may be held at a gym, a club, or in your home studio.
- Yoga and Naturopathy expert – Experts in yoga and naturopathy are specialised in yoga exercises and work in yoga/fitness centres. They are now working as consultants or coaches in hospitals.
- Clinical exercise specialist –They help patients recover from injuries and physical ailments by working with them. They typically operate in hospitals, rehabilitation centres, and non-profit organisations.
How can you become a Fitness Trainer?
Below is the table given consisting of different paths you can choose –
|After Post Graduation
|Clear Class XII in any Stream (Sports participation is recommended)
|Pursue B.P.E or B.P.Ed integrated course 1-3 years
|Pursue certificate courses in fitness
|Clear Class XII in any stream (Sports participation is recommended)
|Pursue Graduation in field of human anatomy -health education/sports etc.
|Pursue M.Ph.Ed. for 2 years
|Clear Class XII in any stream (Sports participation is recommended)
|Pursue B.P.E or B.P.Ed integrated course for 3-4 years
|M.P.Ed. for 1-2 years
Some other ways
You must first establish a stable foundation before you can become an expert in those fields. And you’ll need to have the right applied skills before you can move on to the practical teaching. You may use the following tools to get a complete understanding of the domain:
- Firstly, Online Tutorials for Corporate Social Responsibility
- Also, Certification Courses from verified sources such as Vskills, Coursera, Udemy and so on.
- In addition, Online communities
- Moreover, Blogs and study material from experts in this field and many more.
Here are some examples of how you can improve your abilities:
- Apprenticeship programs
The above steps will help you to get this domain started. It’s a long way to go, however. You can take an advanced course to reach a new level of skills.
In the job market, there is high demand for this profile, and this upward trend is expected to continue in the near future. Both the government and privately held businesses are working hard to meet the rising demand. Given the current job market situation, the fitness industry is here to stay and will continue to rise in leaps and bounds in the future.
Job seekers looking to find employment in gyms, health clubs, schools, MNCs, or various companies, students generally wanting to improve their skill set and make their CV stronger and existing employees looking for a better role can prove their employers the value of their skills can look into this path. An individual can also start a debt recovery agency of own and be self-employed.
A fitness trainer’s pay is determined by a variety of factors. A specialist can not get too much at the entry level. However, with experience and time, a fitness instructor can earn a monthly salary of Rs 15,000 to Rs 25,000 on average. This could increase significantly based on the prestige of the centre, the location of the fitness club, the clientele, and the number of students.
Fitness trainers who work with celebrities, own and operate their own fitness clubs, or work for multinational fitness chains can easily earn lakhs of rupees each month.
Pros & Cons of a Career in Fitness Training
The Pros & Cons of a Career in Fitness Training are listed below –
- One of the most significant advantages of working as a personal trainer is that you can gain awareness of safe lifestyles, workouts, diet, and other topics.
- On a regular basis, you will meet new people.
- Gym coaches have more flexible schedules and work fewer hours.
- It’s a field that doesn’t pay well in the beginning, particularly if you don’t have the necessary qualifications.
- It takes a lot of determination and energy to satisfy each and every customer.
- In India, the role of a trainer is not highly valued.
These days, fitness coaches have a plethora of options. If you want a smug government career, go to one of the many government-run institutions or sports organisations. Trainers are in high demand in schools, colleges, and universities. Fitness instructors with a postgraduate degree or other higher education may apply for teaching positions in various colleges and educational institutions.
Discover the career opportunities and other prospects of being a Fitness Trainer. Hurry up and start preparing now with Vskills.in!