What are the key features of CouchDB?
The key features of CouchDB are -
1. JSON Documents – Everything stored in CouchDB boils down to a JSON document.
2. RESTful Interface – From creation to replication to data insertion, every management and data task in CouchDB can be done via HTTP.
3. N-Master Replication – You can make use of an unlimited amount of ‘masters’, making for some very interesting replication topologies.
4. Built for Offline – CouchDB can replicate to devices (like Android phones) that can go offline and handle data sync for you when the device is back online.
5. Replication Filters – You can filter precisely the data you wish to replicate to different nodes.