A Software Security Professional works on implementing, testing, and operating advanced software security techniques. To add on, a SS Professional prevents and control malicious attack and other hacker risks so that the software continues to function correctly under such potential risks. Due to the increasing number of cybercrime, software security is necessary to provide integrity, authentication, and availability. Also, you will be dealing in security analysis, defenses, and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle, to result in robust and reliable software.
Software Security Professional: Roles and Responsibilities
The increasing number of cybercrimes calls for a wider role as a Software Security Professional. You will be responsible for implementing, test, and operate advanced software security techniques in compliance with a technical reference architecture. Also, working on troubleshooting and debug issues, To add on, providing engineering designs for new software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
Vskills Software Security Professional
The Vskills Software Security Professional certification is designed to help you develop all the relevant skills and knowledge. The certification tests the candidates on various areas in software security which includes knowledge of various types of security attacks and countermeasures on the programming language (C/C++, Java, and .Net), web applications, web services, SOA-based application, and mobile applications and tools used.
Benefits of the Certification
- Certified Vskills Software Security Professional will help you develop technical knowledge of techniques, standards, and state-of-the-art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities, and remediation.
- With the Vskills certification, you will able to acquire the skills and knowledge to find employment in good companies. Also, you can work with the top companies such as Cisco, Palo Alto, CyberArk, etc.,
Vskills being India’s largest certification provider gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module
- It is an online examination.
- Security Lifecycle
- Security Requirements
- Security use cases and modeling
- Security Design and authentication
- Secured coding techniques and review
- Security testing and remediation
- UNIX/Linux and C/C++ evolution
- Attack types and countermeasures in C/C++
- UNIX security and privileges
- UNIX network programming
- Windows Security
- .Net components and runtime security
- .Net security design
- Identity, principal and permission
- Security techniques (type safety, role based and code access)
- ASP.NET and remoting security
- Java architecture and platform security
- Cryptography API and secure sockets
- JSSE and Java sandbox
- Applets and swing security
- TCP/IP protocols and socket security
- SOA basics and challenges
- RPC and RMI security
- DCOM and ActiveX security
- Web security concepts
- Identity management techniques
- PKI and future
- Attack techniques (code injection and parameter passing)
- Emerging attack types and AVDL
- Mobile computing architecture and networks
- NGN concepts and security
- J2ME, Java card and USIM security
- Securing WAP, mobile agents and mobile networks
- Windows mobile security
Preparatory Guide for Software Security Certification
To help you out with your preparation we have provided you with a preparatory guide. This guide will help you in preparing for the examination. Let’s get started:
The course domains and modules act as a blueprint for the exam. Therefore, you must refer to the guide before commencing its preparations to excel in the exam. Also, exam objectives are very important when it comes to preparing the exam strategy. Here, we have provided you with the exam objectives:
- Security Concepts
- Security Models
- Security Planning and Policy
- Security Attacks
- Programming Attacks
- C/C++ Security
- .Net Security
- Java Security
- Networking and SOA Security
- Web Application Security
- Physical Security
- Secure Software Development Life Cycle
- Cloud and Mobility Security
- Emerging Trends
Study Resource: Vskills E-Learning
For the Vskills Software Security Certification examination, our team has provided online study material. Also, this online material for this is regularly updated. Furthermore, e-learning is bundled with hard copy material which helps candidates to improve and update the learning curve for superior and better opportunities.
Study Resource: Reference Books
Books are man’s best friend. It is important to prepare from the right books. To ease out your hunt for books we have provided a list of books which you can refer to:
- Hacking: The Art of Exploitation (2nd Ed.) by Jon Erickson
- Threat Modeling: Designing for Security by Adam Shostack
Study Resource: Practice Test
It is very important to practice what you have learned so that you are in a position to analyze your practice, by practicing you will be able to improve your answering skills that will result in saving a lot of time. Moreover, the best way to start doing practice tests is after completing one full topic as this will work as a revision part for you.
Prepare for your upcoming job interview with Vskills latest online interview questions, these questions will help beginners and professionals. Checkout now !