A marketing plan is a good tool to create and use to help make sure that your small business earns a profit. When you market, you learn about the wants and needs of your target customers and think of a way to satisfy them in a way that earns you money. By creating a marketing plan, you also learn more about your competition, develop goals and set up a way to measure your progress.
The purpose of this simple marketing plan is to:
- Streamline the marketing planning process
- Help you identify the most important research you need to gather
- Provide an easy-to-update format for organizing your information
- Give you a simple and clear way to see the big picture for your marketing activities
- Outline the actions you will take to reach your marketing goals