Certified Linux Administrator – Tutorial
Linux is one of the most popular operating systems. As a Linux Administrator, you will be required to manage the operations of a computer system like maintain, enhance, create user account/report, taking backups using Linux tools and command-line interface tools. Moreover, having a Linux Administrator Certification can help candidate differentiate in today’s competitive job market, broaden their employment opportunities by displaying their advanced skills, and result in higher earning potential.
Linux Administrator: Roles and Responsibilities
There are various responsibilities on the shoulders of a Linux Administrator. You will be responsible for analyzing all error logs and fixing along with providing excellent customer support for Webhosting, ISP, and LAN Customers on troubleshooting increased support troubles. Moreover, you will be required to install the necessary systems and security tools. Working with the Data Network Engineer and other personnel/departments to analyze hardware requirements and makes acquiring recommendations. Also, troubleshooting whenever a problem occurs in the server.
Vskills Certified Linux Administrator
The Vskills Certified Linux Administrator is designed to help you develop and assess all the required skills and knowledge. Also, it will improve your basic IT skills. Moreover, after completing this certification the candidate will be open to work in many big companies and firms. Job seekers looking to find employment in the IT department of various companies, students who want to improve their skillset and make their CV stronger, and existing employees looking for a better role can prove to their employers the value of their skills through this certification
Benefits of the Certification
- Earning Vskills Linux Administrator Certification will candidate differentiate in today’s competitive job market, broaden their employment opportunities by displaying their advanced skills, and result in higher earning potential.
- With the Vskills Linux Administrator Certification, you will able to acquire the skills and knowledge to find employment in good companies. Also, you can work with top companies such as Google, Accenture, Fujitsu Goldman Sachs, etc.
Vskills being India’s largest certification provider gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- Get Government Certified.
- Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module
- It is an online examination
Course Outline for certified Linux Administrator
- Software and hardware pre-requisites
- Linux Installation, types and server roles
- RPM installation and management
- Programme source compile and installation
- File system components and management
- Partition and volume management
- Linux booting, init and rc scripts
- System daemons (xinetd, inetd, rsyslogd and cron)
- Kernel basics, building and patching
- SysFS and proc
Preparatory Guide for Vskills Certified Linux Administrator
It is extremely important to have a good set of resources and learning material to prepare better. We have curated a preparation guide to ease your preparation for Vskills Linux Administration Certification. Let’s get started –
Study Resource: Exam Objectives
Knowing the exam objectives will help you in your preparation for the examination. It will give you a clear picture and aim. Also, for the Vskills Linux Administration Certification, the exam topics to refer to are:
- Linux Introduction
- Linux core
- Shell scripting
- LAN Services
- Internet Services
- Advanced Linux
Study Resource: Vskills E-Learning
For the Vskills Linux Administration Certification, our team has provided online study material. Also, this online material for this is regularly updated. Furthermore, e-learning is bundled with hard copy material which helps candidates to improve and update the learning curve for superior and better opportunities.
Study Resource: Reference Books
To help you in your preparation, ou team has hunted few books for your reference:
- Linux administration cookbook by Adam K. Dean
- Linux troubleshooting course by Imran Afzal
- The Linux Command Line by William Shotts
Study Resource: Practice Test
After studying for the examination, it is important to practice sample papers. Practising sample test will help you analyze your weak areas and strengths. Moreover, you will be able to improve your answering skills that will result in saving a lot of time. So, make sure to find the best practice sources.