Certify and Increase Opportunity.
There are several new global attributes introduced by HTML5:
Govt. Certified HTML5 Developer
- The contenteditable attribute indicates that the element is an editable area. The user can change the contents of the element and manipulate the markup.
- The contextmenu attribute can be used to point to a context menu provided by the author.
- The data-* collection of author-defined attributes. Authors can define any attribute they want as long as they prefix it with data- to avoid clashes with future versions of HTML.
- The draggable and dropzone attributes can be used together with the new drag & drop API.
- The hidden attribute indicates that an element is not yet, or is no longer, relevant.
- The role and aria-* collection attributes which can be used to instruct assistive technology.
- The spellcheck attribute allows for hinting whether content can be checked for spelling or not.