It is the nodal agency of the Government of India for promoting the country’s external trade, during its existence of nearly three decades, in the form of Trade Fair Authority of India and Trade Development Authority, has played a proactive role in catalyzing trade, investment and technology transfer processes.
Following are the promotional tools of ITPO.
- Organizing of fairs and exhibitions in India and abroad
- Buyer-Seller Meets
- Contact Promotion Programmes
- Product Promotion Programmes
- Promotion through Overseas Department Stores
- Market Surveys and Information Dissemination.