A Certified DTP Operator is a desktop publishing operator, qualified for changing the work of art directors and graphic designers into digital files fast to go to print or be placed online. A DTP operator is skilled in multiple computer design applications, such as Adobe CS. The Vskills Certified DTP Operator exam proves that the candidate has the required skills and knowledge.
Responsibilities of a Certified DTP Operator
- Working for a design outline from the client or designer.
- Using DTP software to generate a layout for every page of the publication
- Selecting formattings, such as the size and style of type, column width, and spacing.
- Choosing and checking colors.
- Scanning and editing photographs and different images.
Vskills certification for DTP Operator estimates the candidate for a company’s desktop publishing requirements. The certification analyses the candidates on different areas in printing concepts and basics, Coreldraw, Photoshop, and PageMaker which incorporate fundamental knowledge of fonts, formatting, graphics, and using Coreldraw, Photoshop, and PageMaker software for designing and publishing. DTP operators are in great demand. Companies specializing in advertising, visualization, publishing, and designing are constantly hiring DTP operators. Various public and private companies also need DTP operators for their designing, publishing, and documentation needs.
Vskills being India’s largest certification provider gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- Become Government Certified Professional!
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine Shine.com.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Vskills Exam Code: VS-1076
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%)
- Exam Mode: Online
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
Vskills Certified DTP Operator exam covers the following topics –
- Computer characteristics and types
- Input and output devices
- Memory and storage devices
- Ports and Printers
- Windows XP features and components
- Windows Explorer
- Hardware & Software (install and troubleshoot)
- Sharing information.
- MS-Word Interface and editing document
- Printing and Formatting
- Advanced Features (Find & Replace, Thesaurus, Mail Merge, Graphics)
- Tables & Charts
- Interface and components
- Create, open and save files
- Cartesian coordinates and property bar
- Page and document setup
- Artistic text
- Object arrangement
- Interface and components
- Create, open, and save files
- Text Formatting and text blocks
- Paragraph Formatting
- Page Formatting
- Story Editor, styles, and master pages
Candidates brewing for the Certified DTP Operator exam should recognize the importance of exam resources. During the exam preparation, it is important to get all the necessary exam study sources. This will provide the benefit to understand the concepts and meaning more precisely. In the preparation guide, we will review some of the most significant resources to help the candidate prepare well for the exam.
For every examination, the first task should be to get all the exam relevant details including the important contents and its topic. With complete exam objectives, the candidate’s exam preparation time is better spent because they already know what to study. For this exam, the topics include:
- Computer Basics
- Word Processing
- Web Technology
- Introduction to Printing
- DTP Basics
- Publishing Elements
- Coreldraw 10
- Photoshop 7
- PageMaker 7
Vskills Online Learning Material
Vskills provides candidates a way to prepare for the exam using the online learning material for existence. The online material for this is regularly updated. Moreover, e-learning is bundled with hard copy material which encourages candidates to enhance and update the learning curve for superior and better opportunities. The candidate can also download the sample chapter for the Certified DTP Operator exam.
Vskills also provides a brochure for the Certified DTP Operator exam. The brochure contains all the necessary related to the exam such as details, sample papers, important information, course outline, etc.
Books for Reference
The next step in the preparatory guide should be books and study guides. The candidate needs to find those books which are enriched with information. Finding a good book may be a difficult task, but in order to gather knowledge and skills, the candidate has to find, read, and understand.
Practice tests are the one who ensures the candidate about their preparation for the exam. The practice test will help the candidates to acknowledge their weak areas so that they can work on them. There are many practice tests available on the internet nowadays, so the candidate can choose which they want. Try the practice test here!