Consequences of Stress
- Fear of failure
- Loss of memory
- Health issues
Factors affected at Professional Level
- Ability to take decision
- Acceptance to defeat
- Beliefs and Perception
- Emotional Stability
- Mental Alertness
- Inadequate planning
- Lack of group cohesiveness
- Lack of role clarity
- Communication barriers
- Lack of appreciation
- Work culture
- Loss of interest in life
- Problems in communication
- Loss of sense of humor
- Confusion about duties or roles
- Lack of concentration
- Fear / Tension
- Deterioration in performance
- Problems in decision making
- Predicament relationships
Medical symptoms of stress
- Excessive sweating
- Breathlessness/ Fast heartbeat
- Lack of sleep (Insomnia) /oversleeping
- Loss of appetite/overeating
- Heart problems
- High/low blood pressure etc.
In order to handle stress it is essential to prevent it. However, if such a situation arises, various techniques can be adopted to manage stress. Amongst the various techniques available choose the one that works best for you by making them a part of your routine. Few prevention techniques are
Prevention: Make efforts to be calm, patient and relaxed at times of tribulations i.e., avoid overreacting to petty things that annoy you. Whenever anger or frustration conquest you, it drains away good energy and deviate from more important things.
Adjust to situations: Accept situation wisely and do not surrender to unfavorable circumstances.
Time Management: Schedule your work by making plans for effective utilization of time.
Positive attitude: A positive approach to life helps in rejuvenation.
Sense of Humor: As it is believed “Laughter is the best medicine for stress”. Taking decision optimistically helps overcome mental stress and leads to a better lifestyle.
Reward yourself: Try to make yourself useful by rewarding your success and achievements. This helps in refreshing your psychological and emotional instincts.
Organize: Efforts should be made to efficiently organize and manage work. This will help in building a systemized lifestyle and encourage growth.
Strategy for managing stress
- Manage your eating habits wisely
- Consult your physician for professional advice
- Exercise regularly and be positive
- Plan relaxation and recreational activities
- Lay- down goals for future and avoid low self – confidence