Confirming the role-based security
To assign roles
- In the Security tab, under Users, click Manage users.
- All the users you have created are displayed. If your Web site has many users, you can search for user by their user name or email address under Search for Users in the Web Site Administrator Tool.
- In the admin1 row, click Edit roles.
- Under Roles, select Admin and Member. This assigns both Admin and Member roles to the admin1 user. This user can access pages in both MembersPages and the AdminPages folders.
- In the member1 row, click Edit roles and select Member. This rule allows users in this role to access the MembersPages folder but not the AdminPages folder.
- Click Back to return to the Security tab.
- Close the Web Site Administration Tool.