Adding an administrator
The Web Site Administration Tool lets you modify roles and reassign users to roles. You can perform the following tasks in the tool:
- Add or remove users from an existing role.
- Assign users to a new role.
- Add new roles.
- Disable roles.
- Delete roles.
In this walkthrough, you will perform the following tasks:
- Remove the admin1 user from the Admin role.
- Assign member1 user to the Admin role.
To remove a user from an existing role
- In the Website Administration Tool, click the Security tab, and then under Roles, click Create or Mange roles.
- Under Role Name, select the Admin role and click Manage.All the members in the Admin role are displayed.
- Under User Is In Role for the admin1 user, clear the check box to remove the admin1 user from the role.
- Click Back.
To assign a user to a new role
- Click Back to return to the Security tab.
- Under Users, click Manage users.
- Under User name, in the member1 user row, click Edit User.The edit role page is displayed.
- Under Roles, select the Admin and Member role and click Save. The member1 user is now in the Admin role and is allowed to access the AdminPages folder.
- Click OK and then close the Website Administration Tool window.