Characteristics of a Good Leader
A good leader, be it in business or any other field must have some unique characteristics that make him an effective leader.
- Vision: It is important for to have a vision. It is a vision or an ability to perceive things differently that makes a good leader. He is good who has the ability to think of something that has not been thought of before. He should have to courage to take the road less traveled.
- Passion: A passionate leader inspires his employees to accomplish a mission. When he is really passionate, it shows in his actions.
- Confidence: He should be confident. He must be able to believe in what he says and stand by his decisions.
- Perseverance: A good leader should keep oneself motivated. He should also inspire his team never to give up, even when the going gets tough. During adversity it is important for him to be able to see the advantage of sticking to his goals.
- Open to suggestions: He should have an open mind and encourage his employees to voice their opinion and give suggestions. Good suggestions of a subordinate could not only be a great thing for the company but can also go a long way in instilling confidence in the employee.
- Humility: Humility is a tremendous asset. A leader who is humble does not allow anything to color his judgment. He recognizes his own strengths and weaknesses. He creates an atmosphere in which he grows along with his employees. He is always forthcoming and eager to share credit with his team, instead of resting on his own laurels.
- Generosity: Rewarding employees with equity, cash or even recognition publicly, will go a long way in building trust in employees. It will yield great results for the organization. It will go a long way in building employee trust. They will be loyal and faithful to their work and leader. Employees will remember the contribution to their growth always.