WiMAX is the wireless technology that delivers broadband access services to residential and enterprise customers in an economical way. This has higher speeds over greater distances and for a greater number of users. Moreover, WiMAX has the ability to provide service in the areas that are difficult for wired infrastructure to reach. This can even satisfy a variety of access needs and is standardized by IEEE, and LTE, by 3GPP.
However, WiMax is intended to provide broadband connectivity for mobile devices and provides 15 Mbps capacity in a 3 km cell coverage area. And, Wimax also enables users to really cut free from today’s Internet access arrangements and be able to go online at broadband speeds, almost wherever they like from within a MetroZone.
So, let’s get started with the in-depth details and resources to become a Certified WiMAX 4G Professional
Vskills Certified WiMAX 4G Professional
Vskills WiMAX (4G) Professional certification examines the candidate knowledge for managing WiMAX or 4G based wireless networks. This certification validates the candidate’s skills in various areas that include implementing and managing WiMAX-based wireless networks. And, this requires knowledge of the need, planning, implementation, management, and security of WiMAX-based wireless networks. Moreover, the Vskills WiMAX(4G) Professional Certification will also help candidates to make their skill level advance to differentiate in today’s competitive job market.
Vskills certification providers give candidates access to top exams as well as provides exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine Shine.com.
Certified WiMAX 4G Professional covers the following topics –
- Describing the basics of 802.11 and 802.16 standards
- Illustrating the media access layer and WiMax
- Explaining the different broadband technologies like DSL, frame relay, etc.
- Detailing the advantages and cost effectiveness of various broadband technologies
- Budgeting for operations and planning rollout of the WiMax network
Spectrum and Services
- Describing suitable spectrum selection for broadband applications
- Explaining the usage of different frequencies
- Architecting the network as per service offerings
- Explaining the site survey consisting of line of sight and RF analysis
- Describing the equipment selection process
- Detailing the technologies and need for frequency reuse
- Describing various traffic management and distribution techniques
- Illustrating the MPLS and soft switch technologies used in WiMax network
- Describing VPN and it’s types
- Detailing the techniques for implementing IP Quality of Service
OSS and network management
- Explaining the Operational Support System and it’s components
- Illustrating the software integration of OSS
- Describing the basics of security policies and their implementation
- Illustrating various network attacks and their prevention
- Detailing various legal regulations and compliance
Preparation Guide for Vskills Certified WiMAX 4G Professional
Now that we have an understanding of the basic pattern for the certification exam let’s move on to the preparation resources. Candidates at this point should start researching for the best available study resources to start the preparation in a mannered way. However, a preparation guide basically refers to the essential resources and study materials required for the exam. Further, this will also help them to understand and learn things easily. Talking about the Certified WiMAX 4G Professional exam, below are the resources provided by Vskills that will help candidates to cover all the concepts and prepare well for the exam.
Get Familiar Exam Objectives
Getting understanding and familiarity with the Exam objectives will provide candidates a clear way to enhance their level of knowledge. As the Exam objectives provide a brief about the exam contents that includes various sections and subsections. So, Candidates should get all details about exam objectives to get a better understanding of the content and topics related to the exam. However, for Certified WiMAX 4G Professional, the topics include –
- Business Model
- Spectrum and Services
- Service Deployment
- OSS and network management
E-learning has now become a modern way to prepare for the exam. However, Vskills E-learning study method for Certified WiMAX 4G Professional helps candidates to get a better understanding of the content by providing them the online learning material for a lifetime. This learning material comes with hard copy material that will help them in improving skills and staying up to date with the learning curve for getting better opportunities.
Reference Books for better understanding
Those Candidates who want to get in-depth details for the topic or content can take references from the books related to the exam. That is to say, reference books can be helpful for understanding concepts and topics fastly. However, for the Certified WiMAX 4G Professional exam, there are various books available which you can find online or in libraries. Some of the books are as follows:
- Wimax (4g) Paperback by Mohammed Sabri
- Beyond 3G – Bringing Networks, Terminals and the Web Together by Martin Sauter
Assess yourself with Practice Test
Practice tests can be considered as an essential part of the tutorial. That is to say, we all have heard there is success without practicing. Similarly to get certified it is important for candidates to start examining themselves using the Practice tests. This will help them to learn about their weak areas as well as they can work on their answering skills. Moreover, taking assessments after the completion of the topic will make their knowledge level more advance. So, get yourself prepared and become certified.