The Certified Selenium Automation Tester using Python is a Specialized course designed for software testers practitioners who utilize selenium test automation for testing of web applications based on the Python Programming language. This certification will evaluate a candidate in different areas in Selenium test automation which has fundamental knowledge of recording, editing, and debugging tests.
Vskills Certified Selenium Automation Tester using Python
The Certified Selenium automation tester using python is developed for professionals and graduates who want to undertake tasks in the IT department or Selenium automation testing. This certification will lead the already working professionals towards progress and the graduates who are looking for job opportunities in this niche. This certification will make you a firm skilled employee ready for the competitive market, and get the best employment opportunity and earning potential.
Who should take this certification?
Job seekers or professionals who want to strengthen their CV’s grow with this competitive market and prove their existence in the business world. This certification exam will do wonders for such candidates.
Roles and Responsibilities
Before we dive into the learning process, it is important to know about the task that a certified employee is supposed to undertake.
- To undertake and have a good approach for the software system and make it function smoothly.
- To undertake the development life cycle of the software
- To undertake analysis on the web development
- To come up with good analytical skills
- To make proper decisions regarding the software and should have quick decision-making abilities
- To analyze situations with precision
- To be able to pay attention to small details
- To work individually and as a team when required
- To be capable of taking pressure
- To be able to work within deadlines
Benefits of taking Vskills Certification
Vskills being India’s largest certification providers gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and Shine.com
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Vskills Exam Code: VS-1603
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%)
- Exam Mode: Online
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
The Certified Selenium Automation Tester using Python exam covers the following topics –
Software Test Automation
- Automation Testing
- Testing Framework
- Test Automation Life Cycle
Selenium and Python
- Python Basic Syntax
- Set Up Selenium WebDriver
- Selenium and PyDev in Eclispse
WebDriver Commands for Python
- Browser Page Interaction Commands
- Form Filling Commands
- Drag and Drop
- Locating Elements
- Wait Commands
Selenium Python Versioning
Selenium and Python Continuous Integration
- Travis CI
Agile and Scrum Basics
- Agile Basics
- Agile Manifesto
- Agile Principles
- Agile Methods
- Scrum Overview
- Scrum Advantages
Preparation Guide for Vskills Certified Selenium Automation Tester using Python
Every candidate should have a preparation guide which has all quality resources mentioned in it before starting to learn for the exam. A preparation guide maintains your time table. It is essential to know about what resources we should invest our maximum time one. Below mentioned are some important resources of a preparation guide.
Step 1 – Review Exam Objectives
Firstly, take a look at all the topics that you will be studying during this examination to prepare yourself mentally for the learning. Every expert will recommend you to go through the exam objectives before beginning the preparation for the exam as it sets an advantage for the candidate.
- WebDriver Commands for Python
- Python OOP and Selenium
- Selenium Python Versioning
- Selenium and Python Continuous Integration
Step 2 – Learning with Books
Books make a big difference in our learning, it gives us intelligible knowledge and helps us to memorise concepts easily. It is one of the important resources that we need during preparation. Although everything is available online but no other method can replace the method of learning through books. Below are the top 3 books of Certified Selenium Automation Tester using Python.
- Mastering Python Networking by Eric Chou, Michael Kennedy, Mandey Whaley. This book is one of the best selling books and the newest edition. It will help you master all the concepts of Python. How to tackle different situations of networking and much more is mentioned in the book.
- Test automation engineer by Andrew Pollner, Mark Fewster, Inna Schieferdecker. This book will provide you with the knowledge of organizations’ development methodology, tools, schedules, and resources. And about other test activities and become part of the overall testing strategy.
- The Art of automation by Peter Muszka. It is one of the renowned books that has displayed knowledge about manual accessibility tests and convert them into automated selenium-based accessibility tests to run part of regression test packs.
Step 3 – E-learning and Study material
Online learning acts as a void filler in case there has been anything missed to fill during the learning process. It is important to get an update or an overview about the new correction regarding that topic, and it is only available online. To get more facility of online learning a candidate should always take the advantage of study material which is easily available online on different websites, and are written by professionals. Vskills offers you its E-Learning Study Material and its hard copy as well, to supplement your learning experience and exam preparation. Moreover, this online learning material is available for a lifetime and is updated regularly.
Step 4 – Check your Progress with Practice Tests
Evaluate your performance through practice tests. Attempting multiple practice tests is now so easy that you can attempt multiple practice tests on different websites which will have different questions. It will be easy for a candidate to perform well during the real examination if he/she has experience and is well-versed with all kinds of questions.