An NGO manager is the one who represents a firm and interacts with government officials and other policy bodies. For the candidate or professionals who aspire to work for an NGO or a Social Organisation and want to make their career in it, this certification is designed for them. The objective of the Vskills Certified NGO Manager course is to assess the candidates on different areas in sustainable Development, Management Planning, operational planning, communication, leadership, fundraising and project management.
Why Become an Certified NGO Manager?
The course is primarily designed for the professionals who aspire to excel in their chosen fields. The NGO manager certification will help you build skills and increase employment opportunities and most importantly earning potential.
Who Should Take the NGO Manager Certification?
Job seekers who are looking for employment opportunities in the CSR department and professionals who wish to make their CV’s strong mer. In today’s competitive market this certification is highly recommended for those who wish to work in the NGO department
Roles and Responsibilities of a Certified NGO manager
A certified NGO manager performs the following responsibilities.
- Plans strategies and execute the organization’s service and projects.
- Solves the problems and assess programs and approve the yearly budget report
- Works as a representative in the firm while undertaking charitable programs and other community services
- Looks for the companies who would fund and manage the volunteers and guide them as well.
- Creates new policies, decisions and fill IN documents, create organizational charts and other archives
- Attends the meeting with the sponsor and government officials
- Holds massive knowledge regarding the rules and policies of the government agencies, tax and many other things
- Analyzes the financial transactions, reports and solve problems in the organization.
Benefits of taking Vskills Certification
Vskills being India’s largest certification providers gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and Shine.com
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Vskills Exam Code: VS-1172
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%)
- Exam Mode: Online
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
Certify and Increase Opportunity.
Govt. Certified NGO Manager
Legal Procedures for Establishments of NGOS
- A Trust
- Registration of a Trust
- Registration of a Civilization
- Tax Relief’s For NGOS
- Documents Required Under Section G
- Kind of Income Entitled for Exemption
- Meaning Of Charitable and Religious Purpose
Office Procedure and Documentation Structure
- Documents Required to Form a Trust
- Contents of a Trust Deed
- Registration Under Indian Registration Act
- Documents Required to Form a Society
- Contents of The Memorandum of Association
- Significant Bye Laws of The Society
- Registration of a Society
- Registration Under Companies Act
Basics of Accounting, Budgeting and Resource Mobilization
- Basics Accounting
- Steps in Accounting Procedure
- Vital Rules in Accounting
- Resource Mobilization
- Social Marketing
- Social Marketing and Commercial Marketing
- Behavioral Change and Social Marketing
- A Successful Social Marketing Organization
- Fundamental Components of Social Marketing
- Challenges for NGO Society
- Social Marketing And Corporate Social Responsibility
- Examples of Social Marketing
- Project Cost Management
- Sequence and Timing
- Scheduling The Implementation
- Defining Project Objectives and Preliminary Milestones
- The Role of Workflow
- Project Documentation
- Hardware and Software Possessions
- Preparing a Budget
- Cost Components
- An Instance Budget
- Additional Scheduling Thoughts
- Executing the Project:
- Proposal Writing
- Evaluating The Manufacture Stage of The Project
- Evaluating the Overall Project
- Evaluating The Collection
- Multi-Institution Projects
Funding of Activities
- Foreign Funding
- Foreign Non-Funding Support
- Foreign Companies
- Alternative Resource Mobilisation
- Problems and Issues in Alternative Resource Mobilization
- Tax Exemption
- Making a Proposal
- Different Types of Partnerships
- Principle of Effective Partnerships
- Cultivating Partnerships
- Community Capacity Building
- Capacity building in Government
- Capacity Building by NGOs
- Evaluating capacity building
Liasoning and Advocacy
- Advocacy Basics
- Forms of Advocacy
- Advocacy Contexts
- Transnational Advocacy
Code of Ethics & Conduct
- Need for Ethics Code
- Guiding Principles
- NGO Integrity
- Mission and Activities
- Human Resources
- Public Trust
- Financial and Legal
- Partnerships, Collaboration & Networking
- Introduction – What is Computer?
- Characteristics of computer
- Commonly Used Computer Terms
- Units of a computer system
- Representation of information
- Basic Operations of a Computer – Input, Process and Output
- Input Devices
- Output Devices
- Storage Devices
- Types of Software
- Disk Organization Terms
- Operating System
- User Interface
- File Management
- Printing of documents
- Previewing a document
- The Formatting Toolbar Icons
- Editing Text
- Headers and Footers
- Font Formatting
- Bullets and Numbering
- Drop Capital
- Mail Merge
- MS-EXCEL Window Elements
- Page Setup
- Preset Headers and Footers
- Printing document
- Editing data
- Loading of PowerPoint
- Starting with a presentation
- Different Views
- Editing the document
- Modifying the document
- Working of a Slide Show
- Networking Concepts
- Internet Terms (Hypertext, URL, Domain Name)
- Web Browser and ISP
- Upload and download files
- Control of Internet
- Basics of Communication
- Communication types
- Communication Barriers
- Verbal Communication
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Communication Skills Development
Preparation Guide for NGO Manager Certification Exam
The following preparation guide is a perfect instrument to grab information that you must study before the exam. It provides convenient references for study sessions and what steps are to be implemented in the correct order, thereby decreases the studying pressure, and increasing confidence with constant motivation.
Step 1 – Review the Exam Objectives
The first step in your preparation guide should always start with the exam objectives. Reviewing each and every exam objective becomes the most important part of your preparation. Devote enough time to each topic and have in-depth knowledge of the subject. Moreover, this will also result in strengthening your preparation. This certification exam covers the following topics:
- Non-Governmental Organization
- Legal Procedures for Establishments of NGOs
- Office Procedure and Documentation Structure
- Basics of Accounting, Budgeting, and Resource Mobilization
- Social Marketing
- Project Management
- Funding for Activities
- Partnership Management
- Capacity Building
- Liasoning and Advocacy
- Code of Ethics & Conduct
- Computers Basics
- Word Processing
- Communication Skills
Step 2 – Learning with Books
Books have proven to be the most effective source of learning. Books increase your intellectual growth, and hence facilitating creativity and imagination. The following books are the top 3 books that you can refer to for NGO manager certification exam.
- Managing at the Leading Edge by Mike Hudson – The book consists of deep insight into the organizational perspective. It covers topics like governance, management, leadership, and strategic partnership. Mostly focuses on practical experience as a consultant.
- Managing the Non-Profit Organization: Practice and principle by Peter Drucker – The book is one of the finest books which provides all sorts of information regarding undertaking NGO tasks. Through interviews and writing marketing missions.
- Breakthrough Thinking for Non-Profit Organisation Creative Strategies for extraordinary results by Bernard Ross and Clare Segal – The book explores how to evolve your performance as an NGO manager. The book is awarded as one of the best Nonprofit organizations Management books in 2005 in the USA.
Step 3 – E-Learning and Study Materials
E-learning approaches creative thinking and stimulates learning. It is one of the easiest ways to learn and makes the learning process fun. The website has study material that summarizes all the concepts. It makes a student active and saves them from the tedious process of finding answers to the questions. Vskills offers E-Learning Study Material for the Certified NGO Manager exam. One very special advantage of Vskills learning material is its timely updates and lifetime access. In addition to supporting your e-learning, Vskills also provides study materials in hard copy for the candidates preferring offline study methods.
Step 4 – Check your Progress with Practice Tests
Taking practice tests exposes us to our fear that we might face during the final exam. Practice tests help evaluate our progress, and encourages us to work on our weak areas, and notifies us about the topics that we have already mastered. This, as a result, builds our confidence and prepares us for the final certification exam. So Start Practicing Now!
Job Interview Questions
Prepare for your next job Interview with Vskills Latest online Interview questions, these questions are created by experts to help you to overcome the interview fear.