IT sector has been booming over the recent years and making a career in this sector can help making a lot of fortune. This kind of certifications are quite challenging as they help you in figuring the right direction for you. The Manufacturing Technology Management Professional focuses on preparing skilled individuals for managerial positions in industry. Manufacturing Technology Management students study a broad range of topics in order to understand the overall workings of an industrial organization and the key elements which lead to productivity, profitability and competitiveness.
The present era is ruled by the concept of survival of fittest. In order to climb up the corporate ladder, one has to be way ahead and different from other people. The certifications help you stand out in the crowd as you will be professionally working in the domain you are most interested. But, nothing in the world comes for free. You have to put a lot of hard work and figure out with right set of resources to ace the examination.
Roles and Responsibilities
Manufacturing Technology Management students study a broad range of topics in order to understand the overall workings of an industrial organization and the key elements which lead to productivity, profitability and competitiveness. The roles and responsibilities includes practical application of the above mentioned topics.
Vskills Certified Manufacturing Technology Management Professional
This certification is of utmost benefit for one’s career. Earning Vskills Manufacturing Technology Management Professional Certification can help candidate differentiate in today’s competitive job market, broaden their employment opportunities by displaying their advanced skills, and result in higher earning potential.
Who should take this certification?
This Course is apt for anyone looking to advance his career into this field. It is intended for production executives, senior executive and managers wanting to excel in their chosen areas. It is also well suited for those who are already working and would like to take certification for further career progression.
Benefits of taking this Certification
- Government certification
- Certification valid for life
- Lifelong e-learning access
- Free Practice Tests
- Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com
- Get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine.com
- Select Certification & Register
- Receive a.) Online e Learning Access (LMS) b.) Hard copy – study material
- Take exam online anywhere, anytime
- Get certified & Increase Employability
- Duration: 60 minutes
- No. of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50, Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module.
- Online exam.
This exam revolves around following objectives –
- What is Strategy
- Strategic Management Processes
- Strategic Management Process in an Organization
- Strategic Decision-making
- Environmental Analysis
- Pestle Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Value Chain Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- What is Manufacturing Strategy?
- What is Competitive Priorities?
- Decision Categories
- Manufacturing Capabilities
- Manufacturing Performance
- Long Range Business Planning
- What is Technology?
- What is Technology Strategy?
- Technological Change
- Technology and Innovation
- Innovation Management
- Technology Forecasting
- Technology Forecasting Methods
- Technology Monitoring
- Technology Life Cycle (TLC)
- Technology Strategy Formulation
- Manufacturing Basics
- Metal Casting
- Metal Forming
- Plastic Molding and Forming
- Rapid Prototyping
- Fastening and Joining
- Adhesive Bonding
- Surface Finishing
- 3D Printing
Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Computer-Aided Design
- Closed-loop control process
- Flexible Manufacturing Systems
- Computer-Aided Engineering
- Computer-Aided Process Planning
- Computer-Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
- CIM Manufacturing Machinery
- Controls for CIM Machinery
Make or Buy Decisions
- Decision Making Basics
- Make-Or-Buy Decision
- In-House or Make Decision
- The Buy Decison
- Decision Making Process
- Make or Buy Analysis
Plant location and layout
- Plant Location
- Plant Location Planning
- Plant Layout
- Plant Layout Types
- Product Layout Design
- What is JIT Manufacturing?
- JIT Manufacturing Evolution
- JIT Production Theory
- JIT Manufacturing Elements
- JIT Benefits
- JIT Limitations
- JIT Prerequisites
- JIT Implementation
- Quality Basics
- Product vs Service Quality
- Quality Management
- Cost of Quality
- Quality Principles
- Quality Management Methods
- Base Lining
- Value Analysis (VA/NVA)
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Six Sigma
- Cause-and-Effect Diagram
- CPM/PERT Chart
- Control Charts
- Quality Standards
- Quality Performance Measurement
Preparatory Guide for Certified Manufacturing Technology Management Professional
There are unlimited resources available for preparation which are available for the prescribed syllabus. Out of the many resources you can choose as many as you feel comfortable with. Always remember that the resources that you will choose will make the difference. Always remember that there are unlimited resources you can choose any of them. Let us have a look at a handful of them –
Step 1 – Review the exam objectives
The first and foremost thing before you start preparing is to get well versed with the objectives of the exam. Knowing in detail about the exam objectives will let you understand the way through which you will prepare for the exam and then help to pass that with the flying colors. This exam revolves around following objectives –
- Strategic Management
- Manufacturing Strategy
- Technology Strategy
- Manufacturing Processes
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Make or Buy Decisions
- Plant location and layout
- Just-In-Time Manufacturing
- Quality Management
- CNC Programming
- Manufacturing Automation
Step 2 – Refer to the books
Books are the best resources and always the first way that comes in our mind while preparing. You can choose the books as per your ease and level of understanding. There are many books that are available that can be used to clear your concepts and can provide you with insightful other topics too. This can be used to deal with the tricky part of the paper too. Some books that can be referred are –
- Manufacturing Technology (Manufacturing Process) by R.K. Rajput
- Additive Manufacturing Technology by Hari Prasad and A.V. Suresh
Step 3 – E-Learning and Study Materials
Learning for the exam can be fun if you have right set of resources matching your way of studying. Vskills offers you its E-Learning Study Material to supplement your learning experience and exam preparation. This online learning material is available for lifetime and is updated regularly. You can also get the hardcopy for this material, so, you can prefer either way in which you are comfortable.
Step 4 – Evaluate yourself with practice tests
Practices makes a man perfect. We all are quite well versed with this saying and also with the truth in this. Practice papers and test series help you in identifying the loopholes in the preparation. You can also find the problems you are facing in your strategy. Practicing as much as you can will help in identifying various parts of the syllabus that need more attention and that are fully prepared. This is the best way to know your level of preparation. Start practicing now!
Manufacturing Technology Interview Questions
Checkout these latest online interview questions on Manufacturing Technology to prepare for any job interview. The questions are created by domain experts, to help you to overcome the job interview obstacle.