Certified Business Writing Professional is designed by Vskills to help you develop all the relevant skills and knowledge required in the business writing field. It is designed to help and enhance your writing communication skills. Business writing is an upcoming demanding career. Big companies, nowadays are hiring business writers who are capable enough to write in and about various business aspects such as, types of memo, cover letters, e-mail, letter, CV, proposal, etc. However, to become a good writer you need to learn a few basic and advanced skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Business Writer, you will be working on creating, writing, and editing various types of memos, cover letters, e-mail, letter, CV, proposal, etc. To add on, business writing is a must-have skill in today’s growth. The ability to write with clarity precisely & elegantly will get you much more in your professional career. On the other hand, poor writing can hold back your career. Few people can write with elegance & flow and express themselves with clarity. Writing is an art and being an artist is a tedious yet enjoyable job.
Benefits of the Certification
- The business writer is an amazing job, you will get to work on new writings every day. Also, with time your creativity will evolve and develop.
- With the Vskills Certified Business Writing Professional, you will able to acquire the skills and knowledge to find employment in good companies. Also, you can work with the top companies such as info edge, TCS, Adecco India, and Atlas Copco.
Vskills being India’s largest certification provider gives candidates access to top exams as well as provides after exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking in this module
- It is an online examination
- Meaning and Definition
- Dimensions of Communication
- Formal Vs Informal
- Barriers of Communication
- Cultural Barriers
- Negotiating Conflict in a Principled Fashion
- Guidelines For Effective Communication
- Formal Vs Informal Oral Communication
- Advantages of Oral Communication
- Disadvantages of Oral Communication
- Silence as Communication
Non Verbal Communication
- Reflection Of Thought, Feelings And Position
- Effective Use of Body Language
- Features of Written Communication
- Written Communication in Business
Fragmented and Parallel Sentences
- Fragmented and Parallel sentences
- Element of a Series
- Squinting Construction and Split Infinitive
- Split Infinitive
- Dangling Participles and Gerunds
Coherence and Unity
- Sample letter
Summarising or Precise Writing
- The Key Language Points
- Some Rules to Remember
- Characteristics of Tables
Principles of Business Correspondence
- Common Components and Formats
- Technical Writing Objectives
- Principles of Technical Writing
- Write Clear Sentences for Your Reader
- Examples of Private Letters
- Examples of Business Letters
- Application Letters
Circular and Questionnaires
- Office Orders
- Managing the Mailbox
- Presenting Your Mail
- Small is Beautiful Keep Your Mail Short
- Don’t Hide Behind Your Mail
- Definition and Types
- Planning Sheet for a Proposal
- Composition of a Proposal
- The Statement of Need
- Sample for Proposal Writing
Scientific and Technical Articles
- Definition & Characteristics
- Characteristics of Report Writing
- Style of Report Writing
- Classification of Reports
- Key Points
- Notice Basics
- Useful Tips
Minutes of Meeting
- Layout of Meeting Minutes
- Useful Tips
- Elements of an Effective Memo
- Types of Memos
- Memo Parts
Preparatory Guide for Certified Business Writing Professional
To help you out with your preparation we have provided you with a preparatory guide. This guide will help you in preparing for the examination. Let’s get started:
Refer to Exam Objectives
The course domains and modules act as a blueprint for the exam. Therefore you must refer to the Business Writing Certification guide before commencing its preparations to excel in the exam. Also, exam objectives are very important when it comes to preparing the exam strategy. Here, we have provided you with the exam objectives:
- Communication Basics
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Communication
- Technical Writing
- Report Writing
- Principles of Business Correspondence
For the Vskills Business Writing Certification examination, our team has provided online study material. Also, this online material this is regularly updated. Furthermore, e-learning is bundled with hard copy material which helps candidates to improve and update the learning curve for superior and better opportunities.
It is very important to study in the right book. There is an ample number of books available in the market for this examination. This book will help you in preparing for the examination:
- The Sense of Style by Steven Pinker
- The Elements of Style by Strunk and White
- Garner’s Modern English Usage, 4th Edition
Evaluate yourself with Practice Test
It is very important to practice what you have learned so that you are in a position to analyze your practice, by practicing you will be able to improve your answering skills that will result in saving a lot of time. Moreover, the best way to start doing practice tests is after completing one full topic as this will work as a revision part for you.
If you are preparing for a role in Business Writing, then you must checkout these online interview questions to crack the job interview with ease. Try for free Now !