Candidates earning certification in DevOps can start their career as DevOps Engineer. DevOps Engineers are professionals with the ability to identify production issues and implement integrations for meeting customer requirements. They also deploy updates and fixes as well as provide Level 2 technical support. DevOps Engineer has the ability to build tools for reducing occurrences of errors and improving customer experience. Moreover, they also develop software for integrating with internal back-end systems and performing root cause analysis for production errors. Lastly, in their daily task, they also investigate and resolve technical issues with developing scripts for automating visualization.
So, let’s get started with the in-depth details and resources to become a Certificate in DevOps.
Vskills Certificate in DevOps: Overview
DevOps is emerging in the IT workplace as a result, mastering the basic tools for DevOps can be the first step towards success. However, Vskills certification in DevOps courses provides candidates a unique approach to modern DevOps that uses cutting-edge tools and technologies like Ansible, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud Platform.
Who should take the exam?
Vskills DevOps certification is the best fit for those who are IT professionals, programmers, and graduates who want to excel in the area of DevOps. This certification course will help candidates as well as professionals to implement a complete DevOps cycle in their existing IT environment. Moreover, holding this certification will open many new doors of opportunities to apply for and also help in showcasing advanced skills to get higher earning potential.
Vskills certification providers give candidates access to top exams as well as provides exam benefits. This includes:
- The certifications will have a Government verification tag.
- The Certification is valid for life.
- Candidates will get lifelong e-learning access.
- Access to free Practice Tests.
- Candidates will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine Shine.com.
Certificate in DevOps covers the following topics –
DevOps IN THE REAL WORLD
- The Course Overview
- What Is DevOps?
- Traditional and Modern Release Management
- DevOps and Microservices
CLOUD DATA CENTERS – THE NEW REALITY
- Amazon Web Services – EC2 and S3
- Amazon Web Services – ECR and ECS
- Google Cloud Platform
- Docker Architecture
- Building Docker Images
- Docker Registries and Volumes
- Docker Networking
- Docker Compose
- SDLC and Testing Types
- Traditional CI Servers
- Modern CI Servers
INFRASTRUCTURE AS CODE
- Google Cloud Platform SDK – gcloud
SERVER PROVISIONING USING ANSIBLE
- Server Provision Software
- Ansible Configuration
- Ansible Variables and Templates
INTRODUCTION TO DevOps AND ITS LIFECYCLE
- The Course Overview
- What Is DevOps? What Needs to be Done to Excel at DevOps?
- New DevOps Roles
- Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, and Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Monitoring, Testing, and Deployment
EXPLORE GIT, VAGRANT, AND DOCKER
- Software Configuration Management Tools (Git)
- Vagrant – Lightweight, Reproducible, and Portable Development Environments
- The Role of Docker in the DevOps Cycle
- Docker Networking
- Docker Deep Dive with Use Cases
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT AND CLUSTERING IN DevOps
- Configuration Management Tools with Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- Ansible – Provisioning, Configuration Management, and Application Deployment Tool
- Jenkins – Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Configuring Jenkins with Git
- Kubernetes – Managing Containerized Workloads and Services
MONITORING SOLUTION IN DevOps
- DevOps Monitoring Solutions Using Monit and Nagios
- Set Up and Configure Nagios
- Infrastructure Monitoring Using Nagios
DevOps BEST PRACTICES AND SECURITY
- Best Practices in DevOps Lifecycle
- Security Best Practices in DevOps
- Tool for Security Checks in Each Cycle of DevOps
Preparation Guide for Vskills Certificate in DevOps
A preparation guide basically refers to the essential resources and study materials required for the exam. Candidates here need to research for the best study resources in order to prepare better for the certification exam. Moreover, it will also help them to complete their syllabus quickly and with a good understanding of the concepts. And, for the Certificate in DevOps exam, below are the resources provided by Vskills that will help candidates to cover all the concepts and prepare well for the exam.
Exam objectives provide a brief about the exam topics that includes various sections and subsections. So, Candidates should get exam objectives to get a better understanding of the content and topics related to the exam. Moreover, it also provides a benefit to candidates to learn and explain things better during the preparation time. For Certificate in DevOps the topics include –
- DevOps IN THE REAL WORLD
- CLOUD DATA CENTERS – THE NEW REALITY
- CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION
- INFRASTRUCTURE AS CODE
- SERVER PROVISIONING USING ANSIBLE
- INTRODUCTION TO DevOps AND ITS LIFECYCLE
- EXPLORE GIT, VAGRANT, AND DOCKER
- CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT AND CLUSTERING IN DevOps
- MONITORING SOLUTION IN DevOps
- DevOps BEST PRACTICES AND SECURITY
Vskills E-learning for Certificate in DevOps helps candidates to get a better understanding of the content by providing them the online learning material for a lifetime. This learning material comes with hard copy material that will help them in improving skills and staying up to date with the learning curve for getting better opportunities.
Books for Reference
Those Candidates who want to get in-depth details for the topic or content can take references from the books related to the exam. That is to say, reference books can be helpful for understanding concepts and topics fastly. However, for the Certificate in DevOps exam, there are various books available which you can find online or in libraries. Some of the books are as follows:
- Effective DevOps Book by Jennifer Davis and Ryn Daniels
- The DevOps Adoption Playbook Book by Sanjeev Sharma
Evaluate yourself with Practice Test
Using Practice tests after completing any topic can be beneficial for candidates to understand the weak areas as well as for taking assessments to test their skills. This also helps in improving answering skills so that they can much of their time during the exam. Moreover, by assessing themselves candidates will get a clear view of their preparation and then start working on it accordingly. So, start practicing for the exam and get certified.