The mobile app industry is a tumultuous place to work. Fast rollouts, combined with follow-up maintenance, keep schedules tight and the mind active. In the midst of this chaos, Appium testing, a mobile application automation testing tool, offers a way to better orchestrate the chaos.
Let us know about Appium Testing Career Opportunities!
What is Appium?
Appium is a cross-platform open source automation testing tool. It’s used to automate test cases for native, hybrid, and web apps. The tool was only limited to the mobile device testing domain and focuses on both Android and iOS applications. Appium recently revealed that they would support the testing of desktop applications for Windows in a few updates.
How Does it work?
Challenges of using Appium
Customers and companies communicate with each other primarily through web and mobile applications. Mobile test automation allows businesses to develop new experiences for their customers on their websites and mobile apps on a regular basis. Appium is a popular open source mobile app test automation tool. It does, however, present some difficulties, such as:
- It can be difficult to set up Appium locally.
- Testing is needed when an application interacts with a device’s camera, microphone, or NFC chip. Appium does not normally accept these types of assessments.
- Parallel test execution is not supported by Appium.
- Users of the Appium programme would typically devote a significant amount of time to linking it to third-party reporting systems. As a result, records are often inconsistent and prone to errors.
Appium Studio enters the picture at this stage. It improves and streamlines Appium research. It reduces the time and expense of designing and implementing a mobile test automation application based on Appium. Allows for the quicker delivery of higher-quality mobile applications.
Career in Appium Testing
The Reasons Why Companies Prefer Appium testing in Today’s Market:
- Appium is free and open-source software that can be downloaded from GitHub.
- This is solely for the purpose of testing mobile devices.
- You can test native, hybrid, and web applications on a real computer, a simulator, or an emulator with this Automation platform.
- Appium manages graphical user interface (GUI) widgets and controls, allowing the same test scripts to run on different mobile software versions of the same app.
Every organisation today, from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations, is introducing mobile applications. Apps from leading retail companies like Flipkart and Myntra are being used more frequently.
Let us look at some of the job roles you can enter in with your skills in Appium testing.
- Mobile Automation Test Engineer- Appium
- Automation Test Engineer- Selenium/Appium
- Mobile IOS Tester
- Web Automation Test Engineer- Selenium/Appium
- QA Appium
- Mobile App Tester
- Senior Mobile Test Engineer
- Appium Testing Lead/Appium Testing Architect and
- Automation Engineer
In India, a Senior Quality Assurance/Test Automation Engineer earns an annual salary of INR 730,303. An iOS Mobile Tester earns an average of INR 379,473 per year. A Mobile App Tester’s average salary is INR 330,857. Senior Mobile Test Engineers earn an average of INR 632,746 per year.
Mobile applications and hand-held devices or smartphones can gradually be used to control technology in the future. Owing to the inclusion of more functionalities, checking the consistency of these flurry of applications would become more difficult in this scenario. As a result, Appium would be an excellent forum for promoting mobile device automation testing at this time. The need for Appium automation testers in the IT sector will grow as demand for test automation engineers rises.
IT companies, MNCs, Consultancies hire mobile appium professionals for testing of mobile applications. Companies employing Appium professionals includes Capgemini, JP Morgan Chase, TCS, Wipro, Zensar, etc.
Future of Appium
As we all know, the number of mobile users has increased dramatically in just the last few decades. As a result, many businesses have begun to target smartphone users in order to increase sales and revenue, necessitating the development of successful sales and growth-oriented versatile mobile applications.
Furthermore, a considerable number of mobile users fall into the Android and iOS categories. At this time, Appium Framework testing is thought to be the most innovative and important way to ensure that the built mobile application is worthy and meets all of the client’s requirements.
As a result, Appium assists the organisation in identifying potential glitches and defects in mobile apps and correcting them before handing them over to the customer. As a result, the company’s quality and customer experience improve, helping it to improve its credibility and brand, as well as increase revenue, allowing it to succeed in the market.
Before you can become an expert in desired areas, you must first build a solid base. Before you can move on to practical teaching, you’ll need to have the right applied skills. To gain a full understanding of the domain, you can use the following tools:
- Firstly, Online Tutorials for Appium Testing
- Also, Certification Courses from verified sources such as Vskills, Coursera, Udemy and so on.
- In addition, Online communities
- Moreover, Blogs and study material from experts in this field and many more.
Here are some examples of how you can improve your abilities:
- Apprenticeship programs
The above steps will help you to get this domain started. It’s a long way to go, however. You can take an advanced course to reach a new level of skills.
Some resources offered by Vskills
Vskills offer Certified Mobile Testing (Appium) Professional certification for all those interested in working in this field. This certification course covers the following topics –
- Introduction to Appium Testing
- Exploring Appium and Windows
- Appium Concepts with Mac OS X
- Software Testing Introduction
- Web Development Basics
- Appium Basics
- Appium Commands
- Writing and Running Tests In Appium
- Testing Mobile Web Apps Using Appium
- Appium Testing And iOS
- Appium Testing And Android
- Emulate IME Actions
- Appium Advanced Usage
Vskills also offers free practice tests and online tutorials to supplement the learning process. You can check them by clicking on the following links –
Discover the career opportunities and other prospects of career in Appium Testing. Hurry up and start preparing now with Vskills.in!