What are the different tools do you use as a technical writer?
There are a lot of tools used by technical writers to create documents. They help the writers to create documents in different formats and provide easy edit and customization facilities. Such that these software ensure that the content is unique.
Some of the commonly used software packages are -
1. Adobe RoboHelp - It helps to create interactive content in multiple formats.
2. WordPress - This helps the writers if they are looking to have technical documentation of their product in the form of blogs.
3. Notepad++ - To learn the basics of HTML programming.
4. Microsoft Visio - This is a popular diagramming tool which helps the writers to create flow charts, software designs, electrical circuit diagram, etc.
5. Powtoon - Technical writers need to be creative. This tool helps the writers to create animated videos which help to capture user attention in an engaging way.
6. MadCap Flare - This is another help authoring tool that enables the technical writers to personalize the content and it also allows repurposing as per the audience.
7. Windows Snipping tool - This tool enables the writers with screen capture options.
8. Camtasia - This software helps the readers to create, record and edit videos.`