Some of the terms used in BI are:
1. Aggregation - This merges all the information into a single user understandable form like sets, lists, or graphs so that in a predefined pattern.
2. Atomic Data - This is the topmost level of granularity of data present in the data warehouse.
3. Attribute - This refers to the specification of an object which is used as the column or in another form when preparing reports in tabular format, graphical format, or textual format.
4. Data Mart - This refers to a collection of data set from data warehouse which are logically related and can be used to serve the problem of business.
5. Database - This stores all the data in a structured (semi-structured or unstructured) form so that the data can be obtained in a convenient manner and a very quick data retrieval.
6. Forecasting - This refers to a process used in the decision-making prediction model methodology.
7. Matrix - This represents the data in the form of rows and columns.
8. KPI - These are the Key Performance Indicators used for measuring the business for validating the overall health of its operation.