Various types of testing are performed on a website which usually includes
- Functionality Testing – It tests for all the links in web pages, database connection, forms used in the web pages for submitting or getting information from user, cookie testing, Validate HTML/CSS and Database testing.
- Usability Testing – It tests for navigation and content checking for being meaningful and grammatically correct.
- Compatibility Testing – It checks for Different browser compatibility, different operating system compatibility, viewing in mobile and other portable devices like tablet and testing for how the web page will print.
- Performance testing – Web application should sustain to heavy load. Web performance testing is further divided as
- Web Load Testing – System sustenance if many users are accessing or requesting the same page, simultaneous user requests and large input data from users.
- Web Stress Testing – It stretches the system beyond its specification limits to know how system reacts to stress and how system recovers from crashes.
- Security Testing – It tests the authorization and authentication mechanism of the web site as well as how the web site reacts to various types of cyber attacks.