The management of environmental risk is very significant for the development of an organisation. Certified Environmentalists are important for the organisation them to carry out their activities in a sustainable way regarding environment. They are concerned with the environmental aspects of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). Moreover, they should ensure that the natural resources are used in the most efficient manner in order to reduce environmental impacts.
Role and Responsibilities of a Certified Environmentalist
Corporate companies are expected to carry out their operations in a manner that protects the environment. Also, going beyond the business activities for environmental concerns brings in various business benefits. Certified Environmentalists play a key role in ensuring compliance to regulation and government policies. They must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Also, they should have high analytical abilities to solve problems quickly with advanced conflict resolution skills. Their responsibilities include:
- Firstly, oversee the business activities and report hazardous locations and materials
- Then, maintain management information system which keep a track of these investigations
- Further, develop and recommend solutions to eliminate environmental hazards
- Also, Perform research and report the findings on the environmental conditions to their team.
- Moreover, Implement effective training programs for employees
Vskills Certified Environmentalist Overview
Vskills certification for Certified Environmentalist validates your skills and expertise as per the company’s need for managing environmental compliance, CSR and programs. It assess you on various areas in environmental pollution, waste management, policies and legal aspect, methods, tools and techniques, EIA, EMS, ISO 14000, environmental ethics, WTO and environmental issues.
Why become a Vskills Certified Environmentalist?
Companies have discovers the competitive advantage from taking environmental initiatives. The demand for Certified Environmentalists has seen a huge rise sue to growing awareness. Companies specializing in CSR or environment sustainability are constantly hiring skilled environmental managers. Various public and private companies also need environmental managers for their CSR or environmental or sustainability departments. This certification unlocks various new opportunities for you and helps you excel in your career. Moreover, earning a Vskills Certification guarantees the following:
- Firstly, a Government verification tag
- Also, this certification will have lifetime validity.
- Further, you will get Lifelong e-learning access.
- Moreover, you get access to Free Practice Tests.
- Additionally, You will get tagged as ‘Vskills Certified’ On Monsterindia.com and ‘Vskills Certified’ On Shine.com.
- Exam Code: VS-1181
- Duration: 60 minutes
- No. of questions: 50
- Maximum marks: 50
- Passing marks: 25 (50%).
- There is NO negative marking
- This is an Online exam
Career as an Environmentalist
Environmentalists, also known as Environmental Scientists, Conservationists, and Preservationists, are professionals who are knowledgeable about and concerned about environmental preservation. He is a professional who strives to preserve all aspects of the environment from pollution and its consequences, including the air, water, animals, plants, and other natural resources. Let us know about Career as an Environmentalist!
This exam covers the following topics:
Environmental Management Introduction
- Sustainable Development
- Stakeholder Concept
- Environmental Problems
- Concept of Environment and Environmental Management
- Environmental Resources
- Environmental Conflict
- Environmental Accounting
- Carbon Management
- Air Pollution
- Water Pollution
- Soil Pollution
- Marine Pollution
- Noise Pollution
- Thermal Pollution
- Nuclear Hazards
- Environmental Protection Strategies
- Disposal Methods
- Avoidance and Reduction Methods
- Waste Handling and Transport
- Waste Management Concepts
- Education and Awareness
- Biomedical Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- Mixed Waste (Radioactive/Hazardous)
- Toxic Wastes
- Goals of Waste Management
Policies and Legal Aspect
- Stockholm Conference
- The Earth Summit Agreements
- Environmental Governance In India
- Indian Environmental Protection and Fundamental Rights
- India’s International Obligations
- Environmental Audit Statements Rules
- Public Participation
Methods, Tools and Techniques
- Standards, Indicators and Benchmarks
- Setting Goals and Objectives
- Sustainable Development Indicators
- Environmental Auditing
- Environmental Risk Management
- Social Impact Assessment
- Livelihoods Assessment
- Tools Used
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Inputs and Outputs of the EIA Process
- EIA Methods and Techniques
- EIA Practices In India
- Future Trends In Environment Impact Assessment
Indian Industrial Response
- Regulatory and Economic Instruments
- Corporate Environmental Responsibility
- Environmental Reporting Practices in India
Environmental Management System
- EMS Benefits
- EMS Model
- EMS Process
- Levels of EMS Implementation
ISO 14000 and Environmental Management Systems
- To Whom Does The Standard Apply?
- Where Do The Standards Apply?
- What Does The ISO 14000 Series Cover?
- Benefits of ISO 14000
- Steps In ISO 14000 Certification Process
- ISO Definitions
- Development of Environmental Ethics
- Ethical Theories
- Environmental Ethics In Spirituality
- Fundamental Concerns
- The Ethical Dilemma
- Environment and Technology
- Human Life and Its Environment
- The Challenge of a World Environmental Ethics
WTO and Environmental Issues
- The World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Trade and Environment
- General Agreement on Trade In Services (GATS)
- Trade and Environmental Milestones
- Reconciling Trade With Environment
- Environmental Concerns And WTO
- Public Participation
- Ashok Leyland’s ISO 14001 Journey
- Critical Skills Needed To Be A Successful Environmental Professional In The Global “Green” Economy
- Solid Waste Disposal
- Karnataka Integrated Rural Water Supply and Environmental sanitation Project, Mysore District
Preparation Guide: Certified Environmentalist
Now that we have all the details in hand lets move further and gather all expert resources to begin our preparation. This preparatory guide is designed to set you on the right track. Follow the guide to kick start your preparations and achieve this much valued credential.
Step 1- Deeply Analyse the Exam Objectives
You should always start your preparations by analysing the exam objectives. Course Outline is the most crucial part of the examination. It covers descriptive details about the exam objectives This is to help candidates prepare for the exam by identifying specific content within each topic that may be tested. This certification exam includes the following topics:
- Environmental Management Introduction
- Environmental Pollution
- Waste Management
- Policies and Legal Aspect
- Methods, Tools and Techniques
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- Indian Industrial Response
- Environmental Management System
- ISO 14000 and Environmental Management Systems
- Environmental Ethics
- WTO and Environmental Issues
- Case Studies
Step 2- Choose the Right Resources
You should be very careful while choosing the resources as they will determine actually how well you will pass the exam. There are numerous resources that can be used for preparation. Making a wise choice is often difficult. Vskills offers you its own E-Learning and Study material to assist your preparations Moreover, it offers lifetime access to these resources. Also, they are constantly updated to provide you with the latest exam updates. Vskills also offers candidates their hard copy material that will help them in improving skills and enriching their knowledge.
Step 3- Prepare the Traditional Way through Books
Preparation for any exam without books seems unreasonable and unproductive at the same time. So, you should also search for relevant and credible books by expert authors for your exam preparation. Books are a comprehensive source of information for candidates to prepare for the exam. You can access a detailed explanation of various concepts. Therefore include the following books in your preparation journey:
- Environmental Certification for Organisations and Products by by Tiberio Daddi, Fabio Iraldo, Francesco Testa
- This Changes Everything by Naomi Klein
- Afterburn: Society Beyond Fossil Fuels by Richard Heinberg
Step 4- Self-Evaluate with Practice Tests
Your practice is an important determiner of how well you pass the exam. Also, Take as many practice tests and test series as you can. They will help you in determining the level of your preparation, identify your loopholes and identify the weak portions you need to work more upon. Moreover, attempting multiple practice tests will boost your confidence. Self-Evaluate your preparations Now!
Job Interview Questions
If you are looking to crack your job interview in first attempt, then you must check out these interview questions. The sole purpose of these questions is to assist you in your job preparation.