ASP Dot Net AJAX
ASP.NET AJAX is a set of extensions to ASP.NET developed by Microsoft for implementing Ajax functionality. It is released under the Microsoft Public License (Ms-PL).
ASP.NET AJAX runs on the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (>= 6.0)
- Mozilla Firefox (>= 1.5)
- Opera (>= 9.0)
- Apple Safari (>= 2.0)
- Google Chrome
At present, the ASP.NET AJAX suite consists of the following components and packages:
- Microsoft Now Launched Ajax Library 4.0, which supports Data Driven Web Applications.
- A server framework – included in ASP.NET 3.5 – for building Ajax-enabled ASP.NET server controls. These components are also available for ASP.NET 2.0 in a separate package called ASP.NET AJAX 1.0 Extensions.
- ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Templates, a package with a set of Visual Studio templates for building ASP.NET AJAX applications with ASP.NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2008.
- ASP.NET AJAX Preview, a package with the new features that will be part of the future versions of the framework.