Registering for GST | GST Registration
We shall here try to define the online process of GST registration and the various steps involved in its implementation
To register yourself for GST registration, you can follow the following steps:
- Log in to the online GST Portal (www.gst.gov.in).
- Fill Part-A of Form GST Registration form 1
- You will receive an application reference number on your mobile and via E-mail.
- You will then need to fill the second part of the form and upload the required documents according to the business type
- Finally a certificate of registration is issued to you by the department
- In case of errors and questions, you may need to visit the department
- Produce the documents within 7 working days along with GST REG-04.
- The office may also reject your application, if he finds any errors. You will be informed in form GST REG-05 of GST registration regarding the same.
Who need to register?
A business entity that is currently registered under any of the existing tax regimes then it is compulsorily required to migrate under GST law irrespective of the threshold limits. The following central and state level tax regimes will end with introduction of Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- Central Excise duty
- Service Tax
- State VAT
- Central Sales Tax
- Entry Tax (all forms)
- Luxury Tax
- Entertainment and Amusement Tax (except when levied by the local bodies)
- Purchase Tax
- State Surcharges and Cesses so far as they relate to supply of goods and services
- Taxes on lotteries, betting and gambling