IGST Miscellaneous Provisions | GST
IGST Miscellaneous Provisions are, as
Section 17. Application of certain provisions of the CGST Act, 2016
The provisions relating to registration, valuation, time of supply of goods, time of supply of services, change in rate of tax in respect of supply of goods or services, input tax credit and utilization thereof, distribution of input tax credit by an Input Service Distributor, job work, accounts and records, payment, tax deduction at source, return, tax collection at source, audit, assessment, adjudication, demands, refunds, interest, recovery of tax, offences and penalties, inspection, search and seizure, prosecution and power to arrest, appeals, review, advance ruling and compounding shall apply, so far as may be, in relation to the levy of tax under this Act as they apply in relation to levy of tax under the CGST Act, 2016:
Provided that in the case of tax deduction at source, the deductor shall deduct tax at the rate of two percent from the payment made or credited to the supplier: Provided further that in the case of tax collection at source, the operator shall collect tax at the rate of two percent of the value of net supplies.
Section 18. Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, on the recommendation of the Council, by notification, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may
(a) provide for settlement of cases in accordance with Chapter XII of this Act;
(b) provide for all or any of the matters which under any provision of this Act are required to be prescribed or to be provided for by rules.
Section 19. Tax wrongfully collected and deposited with the Central or a State Government
(1) A taxable person who has paid IGST on a supply considered by him to be an inter-state supply, but which is subsequently found to be an intra-State supply, shall, be granted refund of the amount of IGST so paid in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed.
(2) A taxable person who has paid CGST / SGST on a transaction considered by him to be an intra-State supply, but which is subsequently found to be an inter-State supply, shall not be required to pay any interest on the amount of IGST payable.
Section 20. Refund of IGST paid on supply of goods to outbound tourist
(1) The IGST paid on any supply of goods to outbound tourist shall be refunded, in the manner and subject to such conditions and safeguards as may be prescribed, if such goods are taken out of India.
(2) The refund under sub-section (1) shall be allowed only on such supply of goods that is procured from a registered taxable person who satisfies the conditions and complies with the requirement, including relating to issue of invoice in the prescribed manner.