What is ‘Digital Citizen”?
A digital citizen is defined as "those who use the Internet regularly and effectively". In qualifying as a digital citizen, a person generally must have extensive skills and knowledge in using the Internet through computers, mobile phones, and web-ready devices. -
Why is Digital Citizenship needed?
Addressing the 21st century skill of digital citizenship is important; to help students to learn, communicate and collaborate safely and responsibly. Being a best digital citizen includes having email etiquette, reporting and preventing cyber bullying, learning how to protect private information, etc.
According to the latest Norton Online Family Report
- 74 percent of users active on social networks say they’ve found themselves in unpleasant situations.
- 4 in 10 children have been involved in serious situations, i.e. cyberbullying or receiving inappropriate photos from strangers.
- 3 out of every 4 kids own a cellphone, yet a quarter of adolescents say parents know little or nothing about what they’re doing.
We must take measures to keep pace with suddenly confusingly fast — advancement. We owe it to ourselves to better prepare kids to greet the many positives and challenges the connected life brings.
Why register for digital citizen certification?
Everyone is embracing technology every day without examining the consequence of implementation. Today, with digitalization, employers judge prospective students or employees for their social media profile. So, it is important to know how to create online personas that project positive and constructive image.
Educators can only prevent cyber-bullying by educating students about it. Information Search and Analysis is an important aspect of Digital Citizenship. There are lots of resources available over the Internet and not all is authentic. Digital citizenship make candidate aware of, how to look out, select, and streamline information and how to choose a real and authentic source of information.
Digital Citizen Table of Contents
Digital Citizen Sample Questions
Digital Citizen Mock Test
Digital Citizen Interview Questions
Apply for Digital Citizen Certification
By Net banking / Credit Card/Debit Card
We accept Visa/Master/Amex cards and all Indian Banks Debit Cards. There is no need to fill application form in case you are paying online.
Please click buy now to proceed for online payments.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Digital Citizen Basics
- IT Basics (data, information, data size -bit/byte, input and output devices, peripherals)
- Networking Basics (network types, wired and wireless, devices and terminologies for broadband connection and wi-fi)
- Mobile Technology (Smart phone, OS, 2g/3g/4g, app store)
- E-commerce and types
- Online services (grocery, doctor, etc.)
- Online purchase requirement and process
- Bank details safety (OTP, malware and phishing)
- Email (terms, sending, receiving, attachments, outlook, gmail)
- Social Media (Google+, Facebook and Twitter accounts, usage, friends, share, like)
- Online messaging – Online chat, Skype, Google hangout,
- Mobile messaging – SMS, MMS, Video calls, Whatsapp
- Search Engine
- Information search (image search, Google hacks, job and internship search, whois)
- Data Backup (need, technologies, online and offline backup for PC and mobile)
- Device maintenance (PC, laptop, mobile)
- Netiquette (in chat and messaging)
- Appropriate behavior and language (in social media)
- Cyber Bullying (definition, punishment, example cases)
- Digital footprint and online reputation (concepts, management)
- IT Act, 2008 (crime and punishments)
Digital Rights and Responsibilities
- Copyright, license and fair use
- Public Domain
- Online threats and prevention
- Device security
- Password security
- Health ill-effects (eye strain, joints and body pain)
- Managing personal health (exercise, posture)
- Health monitors